- Superb video quality
- Multiple H.264 streams
- Image setting adjustment
- Intelligent video capabilities
- Power over Ethernet
- Audio support
- Local storage
High performance, single channel solution
AXIS Q7401 Video Encoder is a high performance, single channel solution that integrates an analog camera into an IP-based video surveillance system. With outstanding video processing capabilities, AXIS Q7401 delivers superb video quality and significant savings in bandwidth and storage.
Reduced bandwidth and storage needs
AXIS Q7401 offers the highly efficient H.264 video compression, which drastically reduces bandwidth and storage requirements without compromising image quality. Motion JPEG is also supported for increased flexibility.
Full frame rate in all resolutions
AXIS Q7401 can deliver multiple, individually configurable video streams simultaneously at full frame rate in all resolutions up to D1 (720x480 in NTSC, 720x576 in PAL). This means that several video streams can be configured with different compression formats, resolutions and frame rates for different needs.
Wide range of analog PTZ cameras supported
All Axis video encoders connect to analog pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras to allow for easy operation of these PTZ cameras across the IP network. Axis' open policy ensures simple and fast integration with most analog PTZ cameras on the market by including software drivers for more than 25 different analog cameras, including products from American Dynamics, Bosch, Canon, Panasonic, Pelco, Philips, Samsung, Sensormatic and Sony.
Support for Power over Ethernet (IEEE802.3af) enables the unit, as well as the analog camera that is connected to it, to receive power through the same cable as for data transmission. This makes for easy installation since no power outlet is needed.
- Intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection, active tampering alarm and audio detection.
- External inputs and outputs that can be connected to devices such as sensors and relays, enabling the system to react to alarms and activate lights or open/close doors.
- Image setting adjustment to improve images before encoding takes place.
- Two-way audio support.
- SD/SDHC memory card slot for local storage.
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including VAPIX® from Axis Communications.